Sunday, January 18, 2009

This drink...

It keeps staring me in the face.. each time I open the fridge. It's been there since late August, when I started getting those first contractions. I bought a couple of gatorades, since I knew labor would be strong, intense and I'd need a high electrolyte drink to maintain the energy to push that baby out! I drank the other bottle on that Monday.. the one where I was trying to get Dresden to move. What better way, than to drink a bottle of sugar, right? I'll keep that in mind during the later months of this pregnancy, when I freak out because the baby hasn't moved in 5 whole minutes!! Anyway, what in the heck to do with this bottle? I don't feel like I want to drink it. I don't want anyone else drinking it either. I don't want to throw it out. I certainly don't want to save it for the rest of my life... so what to do?? hmmm okay, while writing this I maybe came up with an idea. We'll be planting an apple tree this spring in our backyard as a sort of living memorial to Dresden. An early September producer, planted with some of his ashes and various little gifts we've been given in honor of him. I wonder if I could pour it over the soil... or would gatorade kill the poor tree??

5 comments:

k@lakly said...

Mine was Hagen Daaz chocolate peanut butter ice cream. I would eat it at night to make Caleb move and kick. It was my evening ritual. When I got home form the hospital I threw away the last pint in my freezer and I can't even look at that section in the grocery store.
It's weird isn't it? The things that bother us?

Hope's Mama said...

Oh god, I had two bottles of yellow sports drinks, too. They were in our car on the way to hospital but I forgot to bring them in with me. They remained in there for weeks. I don't know what happened to them after that... I think my husband drank them.

dani_78_78 said...

Could you plant the bottle with the tree? I don't know if it can hurt the tree. That is a very nice tribute to Dresden.

Dani

Heather E said...

Watering a plant with Gatorade made me think of the movie Idiocracy. But that's besides the point and shows a bit of my nerdiness.... After a bit of research I found that straight Gatorade on a houseplant isn't good. However, if you diluted the gatorade with water and poured it around the tree just that once (after filling the hole in with dirt) it shouldn't hurt the tree at all.

Anonymous said...

Dad and I discussed about using the Gatorade for the tree and it should not be a problem. What a wonderful way to use the Gatorade.