Sunday, January 18, 2009

A concert today

We took Gwen to a Justin Roberts concert today! (never mind the fact that I've LOVED this children's music since waaaaaaay before I ever had children! hehe so maybe it was actually 'me' we took to the concert!) The only problem with a kids concert is that 'normal' kids usually wake up early, and have lunch, and naps at a predictable hour - Gwen likes to sleep in til about 10 and doesn't take naps, so a 2pm performance would work beautifully for US.. but this one was at 11am, in Ann Arbor, so I actually had to wake Shaun and Gwen up for the event, and rush us all out of the house. I was a little concerned as we waited in line outside the Ark, that there wouldn't be any tickets left.. but there were, and we had a super awesome time!! I love that all the parents there with their kids were bopping and singing along just as happy as the kids to be there! :) Here is a link to his website and the first song I ever loved! Willy was a Whale!!

http://www.justinroberts.org/willy.php

4 comments:

Melissa said...

OMG..so cute! I had never heard of him before. Glad you had fun!:)

Michelle R said...

you mentioned Justin Roberts last time I was at your house and guess what??? We feel in LOVE! I so wanted to go to the concert but couldn't make it.
I love the song about the Baby Sister and the Panda song, the Birthday song is great and hmm...I know I'm forgetting one...
Anyway, thanks for the cool leads in music. I like ur taste!

Heather E said...

Our favorite it Yellow Bus! Even Josh turns that one up. Wish we were closer to go with you.

Anonymous said...

What fun!! What wonderful parents you are to expose Gwen to different experiences. I hope that you are saving these blogs for her to read when she is an adult.