Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm making something...

So, my friend Melissa crocheted a scarf for Gwen recently.. and I thougth it was SO cool! I forgot the fact that my mother in law crochets, and also that my step dad's mom taught me how to do a chain a looooooooong time ago.. anyway, when I was at Melissa's she was teaching me how to start out, and I felt really interested! I have tried knitting - still have the 3x12 inches of blanket that I started when I got pregnant with GWEN! haha Still attached to the needle in fact! That's how good at knitting I got! Shaun bought me a crochet set for Christmas.. and I finally started playing with it. Shaun's mom gave us both a little lesson a few days ago (Shaun gets a lesson too, so when I forget how to do it, he can re-teach me!), and so I practiced a bit with that.. then turned to youtube for some further instruction. I found a "how to make a beanie" video and decided to go for it! Wanna see pics!! It's not done yet, I think I want it to fit Gwen.. but right now it's the same size hat as the one Dresden wore in the hospital. :)



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me so proud of what you have accomplished. That is a very good looking beanie for your first project. Mine did not look that good.

Melissa said...

Now you can teach ME how to make a beanie...haha! It looks so cute on the doll. Great job!

Unknown said...

Oh that is awesome :D Go Shannon! It's wonderful that you're being so creative! I like the beanie! *HUGS*

k@lakly said...

Too cute, I love the color!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! My first attempt at crocheting was a very topsy turvy scarf that looked like it was straight out of Dr. Suess. I never did try to make something after that. Your beanie is freakin awesome!

Anonymous said...

By the way...love the naked baby doll. We have them all over and just recently the girls have actually started dressing them instead of undressing them. Funny the things we moms notice!