Monday, July 20, 2009

Ultrasound

I had my first Biophysical profile today! Everything looks great! Delaney was breathing right away - which is one of the things they need to do to pass the test. (I guess they do practice breathing, but not constantly) They also checked measurements and amniotic fluid levels. Everything is just perfect! She was moving lots, little punches with her hands and looking very sweet! Shaun took off work early so he could see her too.. Gwen fell asleep on the drive there, and was quite the little crab when we arrived. haha The ultrasound tech asked Gwen if she wanted her OWN picture of the baby and Gwen said.. NO! With her sassy little crab face! haha
OH! Her estimated weight is 4lb 6oz!! (I guessed 4lb 5oz!) :) So, going by the half pound per week that babies usually grow during these last weeks.. would put her 8lb 6oz at a full term birth. SO, she should be around 7-7.5lbs when she's born! Have I mentioned how I can't wait to hold her??
The lady gave us a TON of pictures.. unfortunately, none of them were super great! Delaney is already not photogenic, just like the rest of her family! hehe But here are a few.. the 3D scans kind of stretch areas.. so keep that in mind and we think the pic with her arm up looks like she has Popeye biceps!! haha

9 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Great News!!! It sounds like there will be a feisty granddaughter arriving on or before August 31. Counting down the time until we get to meet her.

Inanna said...

Oh yay!! I have everything crossed for you!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is great news. Can't wait for you to post those pictures when she arrives.

Melissa said...

Aw...she is darling!!! And what muscles that girl has..hehe!
Glad everything went well!

Aunt Tee said...

I think Delaney has your nose Shannon.

Juliet said...

What wonderful news, I'm so glad the ultrasound went well!

Michelle R said...

:) she's beautiful!!

Michelle S said...

what a cutie! Good job on being close to the weight! I know that the doctor always says that the mommy tends to be closest to figuring that out, since you feel them bouncing and moving in there!

Heather E said...

Wonderful Shannon! I am so excited that I get to hold her at one month but I am even more excited for you and Shaun to hold her after a no-comlications-perfect c-section!