Friday, July 17, 2009

Dr. appt

So, I had an appointment today.. not much to report. My appointments even now seem so boring. Anyway, the biggest news is...
Delaney is scheduled (wow, it feels weird to say that my child has a scheduled arrival date!) to be born via c-section on Monday, August 31st! The countdown begins!! There is always the chance that she comes earlier than that, since my previous history includes labor beginning 2-3 weeks before the due date (last year I had some hearty contractions around August 24th lasting about a week and then just stopping) IF I have those early contractions again, I will be delivering sooner. Otherwise, I can actually officially say it! Our baby will be born NEXT MONTH! (last day of the month, but STILL! haha)
Other happenings - My twice weekly non stress tests begin next week! I asked him about doing 1x per week at first, but he said the reason they do them twice is because the NST (I can't use the work guarantee's) but pretty much says that the baby will survive for 3-4 days.. he said that it's very unlikely for a baby to die anyway, buuuuuuut... we've already beat those odds once, so it doesn't offer too much comfort. SO.. hopefully the NST's will give us something positive to focus on in these last weeks, and help relieve some of the stress that I feel starting to creep in. (like when lil' one decides to sleep more often than usual and not bounce around as much! this was yesterday!!) So, even though it WILL be a pain to go to these NST's twice a week.. (30 -40 minute car rides each way! and probably not Gwen friendly) I think we'll feel good about checking on the babe often and KNOWING that we're doing everything possible to make sure she arrives with screams!
And last.. I've got a growth scan on Monday, so we'll get to see Delaney and get an idea of how big she is! hmm I'm going to guess 4lbs 5oz - Shaun says 4lbs.. we'll see!!
MAN!! Can the next 6.5 weeks just GET HERE!! :)

5 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is just perfect news.

Juliet said...

This is such wonderful news Shannon. I'm counting down the days with you!

Anonymous said...

awww, i'm so happy for you!!! i'm glad to hear the NSTs start soon.

Michelle S. said...

I'm gonna go with 5 pounds based on your pic. Come on Aug 31st!

Heather E said...

It will be a lot of driving but totally worth it! Keep up the good work mama and Delaney!