Thursday, July 2, 2009

I did it!!

You might not think this is a big deal.. but for me and the last 10 months of my life, it really is ! I purposely went to visit our friends and their new baby girl! She is so tiny, 5.5 pounds, and with these delicate little adorable features! AND a TON of hair, with frosted tips! She's already stylin'! ;) Shaun and Gwen held her.. and Gwen had the biggest grin on her face.. she called her precious! I thought it would be hard seeing Gwen hold a newborn, but it wasn't... it was really a beautiful moment! Congrats Rob and Amy!! Your sweet girl is just lovely! :)

9 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was a brave thing you did and a big step for your heart. I'm glad it went well. Just think what you will be holding so very soon. Take care & God Bless.

Michelle S. said...

Shannon...I am so happy that you were able to do it! I know that I sometimes see your face when you watch Gwen interacting with Merry and she is older, so I know how big of a step this must have been for you with a brand new baby. You and Shaun are the bravest people I know. Love you guys.

Melissa said...

I'm so glad Shannon!!
How sweet of Gwen! The baby does sound precious. :)

Juliet said...

That is a huge step, I'm so happy for you that you've reached a place where you're able to do that.

Beth Skog said...

Im glad you were able to hold her :-) Now we just got to get together so you can hold mine...Hes not so tiny...lol..Hes 16lbs already!! He never was tiny though..LOL!!

Dalene said...

Good for you! That is a big step.

Heather E said...

Shannon, what a big step! I could never understand the strength it took for you to do that, but we are always amazed at your strength and determination.

k@lakly said...

I remember doing that with my niece who was born days after Caleb should have been born. I was so relieved to find myself happy to see her and know she made it here alive.
The sadness for me came later but it didn't overshadow the joy.
So glad it went so well for you too!!

christie said...

i think that is huge! i'm glad you were able to see how beautiful she was and not feel too overwhelmed by it. (((hugs)))