Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hi Bebe!

That is the name of the fetal heart doppler I ordered that arrived today! When I first got it, I gave it a try.. and could not find the baby. :( Of course, icky thoughts DID enter my mind for a moment.. BUT, then I do know that it isn't uncommon to not hear heart tones at 11 weeks.. 12-13 weeks is usually a better time (which is why the OB didn't even attempt to listen with the doppler and went straight for the ultrasound) and the fact that this is only a 100 dollar doppler, when the one I rented before cost like 500 to buy. I figured I would not bother hearing the baby again for another week .. but then Shaun, Gwen and I were playing with it, listening to our own heartbeats and looking at the rates, and before I put it away, I asked Shaun if he wanted to try to find the baby?? He said, heck yeah I do!! And after like a minute - HE DID! So, there you go.. don't worry, I won't be using this thing every day or anything! I'm sure it's pretty annoying to the baby.. but it will be oh so nice, on those later weeks when he's having a quiet day to help ease my mind. He wasn't able to catch babe long enough to get the heart rate though.. perhaps next time! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave it to Shaun to be able to do that. I'm glad that everyone had the chance to hear the baby's heartbeat. Gwen must have been fascinated.

The Fabulous Ms. Beth said...

:) I have one too. It comes in handy on days when I'm freaking out.

k@lakly said...

Excellent, but yea, I can see where you could make yourself crazy with one of those things too. Glad today it worked the way it should!

Melissa said...

Yay! I bet it will help to set your mind at ease. :)

Heather E said...

I am thrilled that you have one. Sorry mine didn't get to you right away....we may still need ours.
;-)