Tuesday, December 9, 2008

3 months

Wow.. that's almost all I want to say. Wow. Can you believe it's been that long? I certainly can't. 3 months is 1/3 of the time he spent inside my womb! Sometimes my hand still travels to my belly to feel him move.. only he's not there. I don't like to speak for Shaun, but I do feel that I have reached that place in grief where acceptance is granted. I will never stop wondering why this had to happen. I will never stop thinking about my son. I will never stop wishing he was with me, with us. He is my forever baby - he will never grow up, he will never go to school, drive a car, get married or bless us with grand babies.. he is always our baby and he will always hold a special place in our hearts.

1 comment:

k@lakly said...

Shannon,
I am so very sorry to read the story of your beautiful boy. No one should know this pain and loss. I am glad you have found your way to the internet community of lost babies, the dead baby club as we have come to call it. It's an awful place to be but it is filled with wonderful, supportive, loving women who will carry you when the walking is too hard.
Thank you for leaving word at my place. I am glad you have found some comfort from my writing. It's a long, hard road we have to travel but it helps so much to know that none of us are walking alone.
xxoo