Monday, May 25, 2009

24 weeks!

I'm 3 months away from the goal! I'm amazed how time is flying by.. I think it helps that i've been keeping myself very busy lately ! I saw the baby move yesterday! Sitting in my sky chair, I feel like I've been looking at my belly waiting for that moment ever since I got pregnant.. always expecting it to happen. It was one of my favorite things to do when Dresden was in my belly.. I could always lean back and watch him move. :) She also shared some moves with her aunties when we were in Kansas!! Hooray! I have the glucose test and doctors appt on Friday... I sure hope I don't puke up the orange soda drink like I did last year! It's a shame that you can't eat pizza or fries before drinking it.. that would make it go down a whole lot easier, but we don't want carbs on top or carbs for a sugar test, do we? Also, it looks like my next study visit ultrasound will be June 2nd... hopefully they actually give me some good prints this time! We're still talking about the 3d ultrasound.. which would be sometime next month... I think Shaun and I are both leaning toward doing it.. I don't think doing it is something we'd ever regret.. but NOT doing it could be. Other than that, nothing really to report, mentally, I'm doing pretty well - although the farther along I get the more worried I get.. I've had a few times already that I stop and wonder when the last time I felt the baby, then I get paranoid, and have to use the doppler to hear that she is indeed still with us! I'm having a difficult time assuming that I'll have a baby this fall.. and as much as I hate the fact, Shaun and I have discussed certain things - if the outcome is not the one we hope for.. what we would do differently 'this time'.. I hate that we even have to think about it, but we know that crappy things happen.. and even to US, so it seems like it'd be worse if we didn't accept and realize all the possibilities that go along with pregnancy. (even the horrid ones) and on one last sweeter note.. I have been anti buying baby things this time.. not that we bought THAT much for Dresden (breast pump, slings, a couple of cutie outfits and a giant freakin' box of diapers!) but still, I didn't want new baby things around, so while we were in Kansas at Target, Gwen saw some newborn 'toe pajamas' and she said, "we have to buy these toe pajamas for the baby in your belly!" and they were on clearance for 3 bucks and so I said, what the hell! A gift from her big sister! :) I'm glad!
http://www.pregnancyhut.com/24-weeks-pregnant/

6 comments:

Juliet said...

I'm so happy for you and your family, and am so glad that everything is going well so far with your pregnancy. I'm excited along with you!

Inanna said...

I hate the thought of thinking about a "next time" and what we might do differently if it happened again... I know the statistics are small... but being in babylossland, you know people beat those statistics, too :( But there ARE things I would do differently. Why don't people tell parents what they should do, when this happens? The things they might regret later? It's like you get once chance, and you're so lost in the process, you can't even think... it sucks :(

Michelle S. said...

As a note for your glucose test, if it is just the 1 hour, call your doctor and see about doing the jellybean approach versus the drink. They let me do that the second 1 hour I had with Will because the drink made me sick. You eat 21 large Brach's jelly beans over the course of the hour before your test. Sounds easy! It is a lot harder than you think, but at least it isn't the drink! Take it from someone that had (2) 1 hours and (2) 3 hours with Will and (2) 1 hours and (1) 3 hour with Merry. The jelly beans can be a nice alternative.

Fireflyforever said...

24 weeks: That's a big milestone :)

I so hear you on the "next time". I remember reading of one babyloss mother who confessed that she'd spent a considerable amount during her subsequent pregnancy composing that baby's epitaph :( I miss the innocence not to think like that.

But I'm hoping and excited right along with you that Miss Delaney will be pink and screaming in your arms in three months time.

Dalene said...

Congrats on the milestone. I'll be crossing my fingers and toes for you.

Unknown said...

I am so glad we had a 3D ultrasound done last time - we will definitely be doing it this time! It's amazing how quickly time passes, isn't it! Now it's just going to FLY by, mama!

*HUGE hugs* XXX