Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What are you thankful for?

Well, tomorrow is Thanksgiving. It's the time of year when people start thinking about what they're thankful for. At "Friends Thanksgiving" Ryan asked everyone what they were thankful for.. and my initial response was.. I'm not feeling very thankful these days.. but after some good deep thought, I've decided that there are things to be thankful for, even when it seems your world has fallen apart. So, here is my list.. I'm sure there are many more 'little things' but these are the big ones, closest to my heart right now.
Gwen, my sweet girl who never fails to bring a smile to my face each day.
Shaun for being an amazing husband for all these years, and that our relationship has grown even deeper because of Dresden and not gone any other way.
The kindness and genorosity of our family and friends and even people we barely know - who were there for us, and continue to be there for us when we needed them the most.. I have never felt so much love and caring from people in my whole life than in the last 2.5 months!
I am also very thankful for the time I got to spend with Dresden.. better to have loved and lost.. than never to have loved at all.. right?

Tell me what your thankful for! :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am thankful for our children, family and friends, our health and our home. I'm also thankful that I get to wake up to Kieran's beautiful smile every morning. It really starts my day off great. :)

Hope you have a beautiful Thanksgiving Ryan Family!!!