Sunday, June 28, 2009

Delaney

Well, I had a doc appt on Friday.. he said "so, we're delivering at 37 weeks?' WHA? we are?? Well, maybe not. I told him that I was going to try to hold off for the 38 week mark, since I'd rather not stay in the hospital extra days for steroids.. and of course the common sense part of my brain does still know that inside for longer is best for the baby. I do, however, reserve the right to freak out at the end and decide that being in the hospital two days before a 37 week birth with all the monitors on, making sure that she's staying alive will suit our family better! I don't want to be psycho... but I just don't know how I'll feel as we inch closer to the birth. For now, I'll plan on a 38 week arrival. September 1st or earlier! :)
The other thing I learned at the docs is that they are wanting me to have 2 NST's a week! I thought the other doctor said 1.. I might ask more about this, because that would mean driving once a week to Ann Arbor, and once a week to my doc office (30 min drive too) I feel like once a week would suit me just fine, at least from 32-35 weeks, then maybe bump it up to two times a week after 35? I'll inquire about that with the doc when I see him again in 3 weeks! My uterus is measuring 30 weeks (I was 28.5 at the appt) so a little big.. but of course I think this measurement is only 100% accurate if you had a flat stomach before getting pregnant, plus Delaney is a little bigger than average according to the last growth scan I had!? Soo, hmm.. what else? Oh, yes.. I've started doing kick counts. I've never done them before, it's kind of strange.. so far it seems to take 10-15 minutes to get 10 kicks (supposed to have at least 10 in two hours) so, what I'm really looking for is her pattern.. so far her's is taking 15 minutes, so if one day it takes an hour.. that's when I get to freak out and race to the hospital! Hopefully she keeps up her crazy active schedule. For the past two nights, we've watched a late movie and she has moved pretty much non stop for the whole time I'm resting! A night owl is living in my womb! She already moves more than Gwen or Dresden ever did, and she's only 28 weeks! This baby knows what her parents need to stay sane! Thank you baby girl!! Last night while feeling her move and watching the movements together with Shaun, I just got an overwhelming urge to hold her! I mean, I am.. technically holding her all the time, but I just want her in my arms SO bad! I've never had that feeling before... with Gwen and Dresden I just loved having them inside so much, that they could stay as long as they liked. I still love having Delaney inside too.. but man, I really can't wait to hold her and see her!!

7 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I understand your need to hold her.
She will be here before you know it. I will pray for 38 weeks. Glad to hear your counting the kicks.
You have wonderful weeks ahead of you, how exciting. A precious baby to love and hold.

Mom and Dad said...

We are glad to hear that everything is going so well. We figure she is weighing a little more as she knows that she is coming between 37-38 weeks. She does have a really strong kick don't know if you have a cheerleader, ballerina or a marital artist in there. Looking forward to holding that sweet little girl.

Dalene said...

I'm glad that things are going well for you. I've been doing 2 times/wk NSTs since 32 weeks, but my birth center and hospital are only 10 min away. I'm currently 37 wks and scheduled for birth at 38 wks. It can't come soon enough! I think this baby will come out very sleepy because I am constantly poking him to make sure he is still alive.

Fireflyforever said...

I'm so excited to "meet" her Shannon. I'm glad she's lived up to the instructions to keep on moving!

michelle T said...

If you have her on the 1st she be with Hali as a 1st of the month baby.
love
Michelle

Michelle R said...

I love these updates Shannon :) I also can't wait to see you holding your sweet little girl!!

Inanna said...

So very glad she's active for her mama! :)