Tuesday, June 9, 2009

9 months

9 months inside, growing, preparing for a beautiful life filled with laughter and now 9 months since he entered our world without a breath. I still can't believe this is my life.. but here I sit, Dresden's sister in my belly and no chunky 9 month old crawling nearby. I miss that sweet boy every day, i'm glad he was part of my life, even if our time was cut short. This milestone is a difficult one, from here on out.. he's been gone longer than he was with us.. but you know, nothing about your child dying is easy is it?

7 comments:

Juliet said...

Thinking of you. All the anniversaries are difficult - I'm still counting the weeks, and marking the birth and death with each passing week. It does feel like it's getting more distant already, which at the same time as being healing is also sad...

The Fabulous Ms. Beth said...

Hugs -- anniversaries are indeed difficult..

Anonymous said...

No Shannon. Nothing about this is easy. I know I'm really frightened by the 9 month milestone. Huge ((((HUGS))) to you all - and special floaty cuddles for your forever boy.

love
Jill (Having problems signing in - hence the anon. post)

Michelle R said...

(((Shannon))

Melissa said...

HUGS!

k@lakly said...

I hear you. That was a hard one on me too. Harder than the year one. Knowing his death had already eclipsed his life.
xxoo

Dalene said...

Yep, 9 months was tough on me, too. I wish we both had our sweet little boys.